April 6, 2018
What Can I Expect from a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
If you are facing a criminal charge and looking at some serious penalties, it is important that you understand the seriousness of your case and seek the help of a criminal defense lawyer immediately. An experienced lawyer can fight for you and ensure a favorable outcome. Seeking the help of a criminal defense lawyer, therefore, is a necessity.
A criminal lawyer can help you in the following ways:
- Negotiate and work the sentence (if you are found guilty) to prevent you from winding back up in the criminal justice system
- Work with you and the prosecutor to negotiate a plea bargain, which can have your case either dismissed entirely or the charges reduced
- Help you fill out necessary paperwork and documents and ensure that all documents are filed according to the strict deadlines and procedures enforced by the courts
- Provide you with a reality check by offering insights into how the trial is actually going and what is likely to happen in the future
- Help you understand the legal rules and regulations of criminal prosecution
If you’ve been charged with a crime, seek the help of criminal defense attorney, Michael Peter Rubas of the Rubas Law Offices. By focusing on litigation, Mr. Rubas has earned a reputation as an aggressive litigator and problem-solver who is extremely attentive to his client’s legal needs. Through hard work, knowledge of the applicable laws, and trial skill, Mr. Rubas and his firm consistently provide their clients positive outcomes.