May 3, 2018
Information about DUI and DWI
Generally, everyone looks forward to the summertime. Warm weather, balmy evenings and time off from work, especially at the beautiful New Jersey shore, make for lovely memories when the winter months are upon us. However, motor vehicle arrests for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol do not take a vacation. If you get behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated and are stopped and arrested by the police, it isn’t just your summer vacation that will be ruined. It could be your employment, your reputation, your finances, your driving privileges and possibly your freedom.
In July 2017, a list of the Jersey Shore towns that have the highest rate of DWI arrests was published. The information was gathered from 2015 to 2016 and the data describes how many DWI arrests were made per square mile. The top ten Jersey Shore towns for DWI arrests are:
- Seaside Heights, with an area of .76 square miles, had 143 DWI arrests in one year. This is up from 116 between 2014 and 2015.
- Wildwood, with an area of 1.39 square miles, had 163 arrests.
- Loch Arbour, with an area of only .14 square miles, had 15 DWI arrests.
- Allenhurst, a .28 square mile town, had 15 DWIs tickets issued.
- Bradley Beach, .63 square miles, had 25 DWI tickets issued.
- North Wildwood, 2.13 square miles, issued 76 DWI tickets.
- Ship Bottom had 35 DWI arrests and is 1 square mile in area.
- Mantoloking, an area of .643 square miles, issued 20 DWI tickets.
- Deal had 38 DWI arrests in their 1.31 square mile town.
- Asbury Park, a 1.60 square mile town, issued 35 DWI tickets during this time.
Criminal defense attorney Michael Peter Rubas has been practicing law for over 20 years. He has extensive experience with a wide variety of criminal charges and is second to none when it comes to strategizing an effective defense. He understands the damage that is done when an individual is charged with driving under the influence and has dedicated his time and energy to defending those whose lives have been upended by DWI convictions. He knows that the police may sometimes make an illegal stop, conduct an illegal search of the vehicle or improperly administer a field sobriety test.
Attorney Rubas has a Monmouth County office in Manaquan that offers their services to clients living at the Jersey shore. He also has an office in Jersey City for those living in northern New Jersey. Don’t trust your defense to a lawyer without the experience, knowledge, skills and determination to fight for you. Call Michael Rubas at the Rubas Law Offices right away. There are time limits involved in your defense so contact our office as soon as possible.